- This event has passed.
Sherborne Labour Branch Meeting
October 29, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Outgoing Chair’s Report
Minutes: 2017 There was no formal meeting as there were so few members present. However the Chair, Rob Bygrave and Secretary, Linda Bygrave agreed to continue and Terry Pryor agreed to be the treasurer.
1) Election of Chair
2) Election of Secretary
3) Election of Treasurer
1) Our crossing campaign had resulted in an item being raised at council and an article in the Western Gazette.
2) Events Crew were taking over Pack Monday, there was hope for a more local flavour.
3) The Treasurer’s report was read out and the balance was £272.12
4) Regional Conference: Mark Gage failed to be elected to the Regional Board by one vote.
5) Alex Bathurst had attended the Regional Conference and he gave us a detailed report of the various issues such as: Possible changes after Brexit: Rural Housing Reform: CWU Post Office Campaign; Co-op links with Labour: Tactical Voting.
6) The issue of empty shops in Sherborne was debated and Nigel Foster raised the possibility of local shopkeepers taking action.
7) The possible new Art Centre and the facilities at Sherborne House